After you’ve transformed your interior with a fresh coat of paint, you need to know how to protect and preserve your latest investment.
Each day, your walls are exposed to traffic and life in general. This creates scuffs, dings and scratches along the way. With preparation and proactive maintenance, you can keep your paint looking fresh for years to come.
Durable paint is only as good as the surface preparation that came before application. It’s important to apply the right product and not take any shortcuts. When those steps are followed, it helps keep paint looking fresh. Here are some tips to further assist with keeping your paint in tact.
1. Baseboards and wainscoting aren’t just for aesthetic purposes. They also serve as a line of defence for your walls. They stick out just enough from the walls to allow it to absorb any incoming damage. These elements are generally painted with a higher gloss paint that can be wiped off easily and provide a durable finish.
2. When a smudge or scuff comes along, take action as soon as possible to remove it. The longer you let it sit, the harder it will be to remove without damaging the finish. Try to gently remove it with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or warm water and a sponge.
3. Always keep some leftover paint on hand for those unavoidable touch-ups. Accidents happen and a bit of spare paint can easily resolve the problem in a matter of seconds.
4. Choice of sheen is important. Higher gloss paints are much easier to wipe and clean but show imperfections in the wall more than a flat finish. Flat finishes are great at hiding wall imperfections but wiping them generally means taking some of the paint along with it.
5. Some painting companies offer routine interior painting maintenance plans which are cost-effective options to keep your surfaces looking beautiful and fresh. Be sure to inquire with your Vancouver painting company to see if they offer maintenance plans after the painting has been completed.
If you’re looking to touch up your existing paint and help it look fresh and alive again, get in touch with our team to discuss options that are available to suit your needs.
Prorise Painting provides detailed and transparent consultations and estimates. Are you a homeowner or a business professional? Do you need one room or the entire office repainted? Trust that Prorise Painting will do the job right the first time, each and every time.
SEE THE DIFFERENCE QUALITY MAKES.